A membership-based association is only as good as its members. Fortunately for us, we have terrific ones. We also have terrific results thanks to a dedicated board, staff and passionate members.
Annual Membership Pricing
Second Business *
(*) Denotes a discounted Membership category which requires a coupon code at checkout. Please contact Danielle Laudon Ruse at Danielle@VisitSYV.com to verify your eligibility for a discounted Membership and the required coupon code.
Here are the top 5 reasons to join:
- A rising tide lifts all ships: by working together all members reap the benefits of successful tourism marketing.
- Visitors Guide: our Annual Destination Guide promotes our hospitality members to visitors planning their trip. 70,000 guides and maps are published annually.
- National and Statewide Promotions: our promotions (Restaurant Weeks) tie in with state-wide and national promotions via larger organizations.
- Media Connections: we promote the SYV to over 1,000 local and national media contacts including print, broadcasting and radio.
- Group Sales: VisitSYV promotes the valley for mid-week and group stays via travel trade shows and targeted marketing.
Benefits of Membership
Your VisitSYV Membership Benefits include:
- Listing and member profile page on our website. Profile includes: hyperlink to your website, contact email, Facebook & Twitter badges, 1,000 character business description, your business logo, and two complimentary photos
- Listing for all hospitality members in our annual Santa Ynez Valley Destination Guide, with 70,000 copies printed and distributed
- Inclusion in Discover the Santa Ynez Valley Mobile App & Itinerary Builder
- Considered inclusion for planned media visits showcasing member businesses
- Networking at quarterly, valley-wide social events
- Access to cooperative marketing opportunities (i.e. Westways Magazine)
- Post your events on our online events calendar
- Opportunity to participate in VisitSYV promotions including Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant Weeks and Taste of the Santa Ynez Valley
- Provide your promotional materials (brochures, rack cards, etc.) with incentives for our booths at industry trade shows and events
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Besides the listing on your website, why should I join?
A: Joining “Visit the Santa Ynez Valley” is kind of like adding another person to your staff. We’re here to help promote your business throughout our promotions to visitors. Our main goal is to increase sales for Santa Ynez Valley businesses by increasing the dollars spent in the valley from tourism.
Q: Where is my business listed on your website?
A: When you join “Visit the Santa Ynez Valley”, your business will be listed on the most appropriate category on our website. For instance, if you’re a restaurant you will opt to be listed on the “Dining” webpage. Some businesses need to be listed on more than one page such as a wine bar that also offers an extensive list of beers. They can then select a secondary category and be listed on both “Wine Tasting” and “Beer Tasting”.
Q: Who is your target audience?
A: We primarily focus on the 6 million-plus people who live in Southern CA, an easy drive to the Santa Ynez Valley. Within that area we spend particular focus on the Los Angeles area. However, our PR and marketing efforts don’t end with Southern California. They extend throughout the state, nationally, and even worldwide. Our target market includes those visitors that spend more when they travel. Our goal is quality, not necessarily quantity. We want increased sales for our members and events.
Q: How do you reach this audience?
A: We act as a liaison with the media, visitors and the local community via PR, marketing, social media and advertising. We also host Restaurant Weeks in January, an annual promotion that includes events, packages and deals offered by our members that fit the theme. Marketing for the promotion includes website advertising with targeted demographics, social media posts and ads, local media and press release distribution, online event listings, posters/postcards and more. Visit the Santa Ynez Valley also actively participates in regional and local tourism based associations to represent our members.
Q: Is it simple to join?
A: Very. Just fill out the application online.
We look forward to working with you and your business to make the Santa Ynez Valley the number one destination on the Central Coast.
Questions? Contact Danielle Laudon Ruse at Danielle@VisitSYV.com